- Screener Remuneration
- The Choral Screeners for All-State Auditions will be paid $.50 per entry and Instrumental Screeners will be paid $1.00 per entry for their time with a $30.00 minimum paid per screener. (October 6, 2014)
- All-State Choral accompanists will be paid $500 total, for the conference. (October 6, 2014)
- In the case of a tie vote for a State Office, it will be decided by a coin toss. (October 6, 2014)
The National Federation Music Adjudication Forms are the only forms that should be used for festivals throughout the state. (9/16/96) Marching Festivals are allowed to use their own forms. (9/22/97) (To be reviewed Summer of 2015).
- A Budget Committee, consisting of the Business Manager, the President, and the Past-President, will oversee the spending practices of IMEA. The Budget Committee will:
- determine how much money will be designated for travel (i.e. IMEA Summer Summit, All-Northwest, National MENC Conference, etc.)
- determine how much money will be designated for IMEA Board Meetings (July 17, 2002)
- They will report at the Fall Board meeting on the annual budget and the two-year financial plan (July 28, 1998)
Credit Card Policy was established (September 29, 2003)
- The Business Manager will hold the only IMEA Business Credit Card
- All travel arrangements will be made by the Business Manager
- All invoices must be addressed to the IMEA, c/o the Business Manager. Invoices addressed to a school or school district will not be accepted.
- Existing policies for reimbursement must be followed or the purchaser will not be reimbursed.
- Reimbursement checks will be mailed by the Business Manager within 5 business days of receiving the signed IMEA reimbursement form and receipts.
- A financial budget proposal must be submitted for All-State and the In-Service conference prior to any contracts being signed, orders placed or money being spent.
- All contracts for the conference site, housing, bussing and food must be signed prior to the fees being set for All-State and the In-Service Conference Registration.
- The “General Account” budget must be presented and approved the summer or fall immediately following All-State. All financial requests must be submitted at that time. (October 4, 2004)
- Stipends will be given to the following:
- All-State Groups Chair (President-Elect); All-State Conference Chair (President); All-State School Performing Groups Chair (Past-President); All-State Group Chairs (Band, Orchestra, Mixed Choir, Treble Choir, Elementary Choir); State Solo Chair - $500
- Exhitbit Chair - $250
- Publications - $500 per issue plus $500 for All-State Publications
- Web Master - $6000
- Business Manager - $6000
- State Manager - $5000
- A computer allowance of $2000 will be made for the President-Elect (one-time) and for the Business Manager, Web Master, and Publications as needed or once every two years, whichever comes first.(October 6, 2014)
- The IMEA Past-President will be in charge of the Hall of Fame. (October 4, 2004)
The IMEA President is expected to attend the NW MENC Conference and represent the IMEA at the NW Board Meetings, preside, present sessions, and do whatever else is necessary for the conference. IMEA will cover all expenses (Conference Pre-Registration, travel, hotels, and meals) as allowed and outlined in the IMEA Travel policy.
The IMEA President-Elect is expected to attend the NW MENC Conference and the NW Board Meetings to make their presence known and to get a feel for how things are run. Their presence at these meetings and what is discussed will be of value with the next All-State and All-NW Conference.
- The State Solo Festival will rotate its location to the three geographical areas (Treasure Valley, North and East) (June 23, 2008 re-passed October 4, 2010.)
- Airline Travel
- Airline travel undertaken on IMEA official business is to be by the lowest excursion/coach fare available. If last-minute reservations are made for a scheduled trip, IMEA will reimburse only the lowest prevailing rate as that of seven (7) days or more prior to departure, unless extenuating circumstances exist and are approved prior to ticket purchase by the IMEA President and Business Manager.
- Scheduled meetings and other travel should include a Saturday night – whenever possible - to take advantage of substantially lower airfares. IMEA will reimburse airfare at a rate applicable for staying over Saturday night, unless extenuating circumstances exist and are approved prior to ticket purchase by the IMEA President and Business Manager.
- No expense claim will be honored for air travel insurance premiums.
- Airport limousines rather than taxicabs should be used when possible. Airport parking will be allowed when necessary.
- Automobile Travel
- Auto mileage will be reimbursed at the rate of $.455 per mile (IHSAA rate), plus parking. Car-pooling is encouraged whenever possible.
- Meals and lodging while traveling by automobile out of state will be approved only if total expense is less than coach airfare.
- If a rental car is necessary at an out of state meeting or convention, approval must be obtained from the IMEA President and Business Manager in advance of the scheduled trip.
- Hotel Accommodations
- Reimbursement will be made for the convention/conference rate for a single room in a first–class hotel.
- When accompanied by spouse, IMEA will pay the rate charged for a single room.
- Hotel rooms and meals are not to be charged to IMEA unless approved in advance by the IMEA President and Business Manager.
- An allowance up to $30.00 per day will be made for actual itemized meal expenses. (IHSAA rate)
- On travel days, allowance will be based on starting and ending time of official meetings. When partial days are appropriate, individual meal charges will be allowed up to $7.50 for breakfast, $10.50 for lunch and $16.50 for dinner. (IHSAA rate)
- Receipts for transportation, hotel bills, and parking are required. Meals will be reimbursed either from actual receipts or your meal log. You will be reimbursed at actual or maximum amounts from the reimbursement schedule, whichever is less.
- Expenses MUST be submitted to the Business Manager within thirty (30) days of the date incurred.
* Authorized payments will be made only to those individuals doing official business on behalf of the Idaho Music Educators Association. This includes IMEA Elected Officers, District Presidents, Guest Clinicians/Conductors, All-State Chairs, and Board of Control members.
revised: March 2014
Links to other sites
- The fee for a business to have a link on the IMEA Web Site is $50 unless they currently advertise in Music Notes. (July 16, 2002)
Mass Email List
- Solicitors to the IMEA Mass Email List need to be an IMEA member, an IMEA institutional member, or the email needs to promote an event that will benefit music students. (October 9, 2006)