- The Choral Screeners for All-State Auditions will be paid $.50 per entry and Instrumental Screeners will be paid $1.00 per entry for their time with a $30.00 minimum paid per screener. (October 6, 2014)
- All-State Choral accompanists will be paid $500 total, for the conference. (October 6, 2014)
- In the event that the IMEA All-State and In-Service Conference, or State Solo event, should need to be cancelled due to weather, national emergency or any other unforeseen circumstance, the president, president-elect, and past-president, shall make the decision, in consultation with the event managers, and inform the membership immediately. In case of fewer than three votes, the IMEA Secretary shall cast the third vote. This clause shall be able to be invoked
within 48 hours of the beginning of the event. (October 10, 2021)
- In the case of a tie vote for a State Office, it will be decided by a coin toss. (October 6, 2014)
- The National Federation Music Adjudication Forms are the only forms that should be used for festivals throughout the state. (9/16/96)
- Marching Festivals are allowed to use their own forms. (9/22/97) (To be reviewed Summer
- A Budget Committee, consisting of the Business Manager, the President, and the Past-President, will oversee the spending practices of IMEA. The Budget Committee will:
- determine how much money will be designated for travel (i.e. IMEA Summer Summit, All-Northwest, National MENC Conference, etc.)
- determine how much money will be designated for IMEA Board Meetings (July 17, 2002)
- They will report at the Fall Board meeting on the annual budget and the two-year financial plan (July 28, 1998)
Credit Card Policy (September 29, 2003)
- The Business Manager will hold the only IMEA Business Credit Card
- All travel arrangements will be made by the Business Manager
- All invoices must be addressed to the IMEA, c/o the Business Manager. Invoices addressed to a school or school district will not be accepted.
- Existing policies for reimbursement must be followed or the purchaser will not be reimbursed.
- Reimbursement checks will be mailed by the Business Manager within 5 business days of receiving the signed IMEA reimbursement form and receipts.
- A financial budget proposal must be submitted for All-State and the In-Service conference prior to any contracts being signed, orders placed or money being spent.
- All contracts for the conference site, housing, bussing and food must be signed prior to the fees being set for All-State and the In-Service Conference Registration.
- The “General Account” budget must be presented and approved the summer or fall immediately following All-State. All financial requests must be submitted at that time. (October 4, 2004)
- Stipends will be given to the following:
- All-State Groups Chair (President-Elect); All-State Conference Chair (President); All-State School Performing Groups Chair (Past-President); All-State Group Chairs (Band, Orchestra, Mixed Choir, Treble Choir,
- State Solo Chair - $1000
- Exhitbit Chair - $250
- Publications - $500 per issue plus $500 for All-State Publications
- Web Master - $6000
- Business Manager - $6000
- State Manager - $5000
- A computer allowance of $2000 will be made for the President-Elect (one-time) and for the Business Manager, Web Master, and Publications as needed or once every two years, whichever comes first.
(October 6, 2014)
Hall of Fame
- The IMEA Past-President will be in charge of the Hall of Fame. (October 4, 2004)
All-Northwest NAfME Conference Reimbursement Policy
The IMEA President is expected to attend the NW MENC Conference and represent the IMEA at the NW Board Meetings, preside, present sessions, and do whatever else is necessary for the conference. IMEA will cover all expenses
(Conference Pre-Registration, travel, hotels, and meals) as allowed and outlined in the IMEA Travel policy.
- The exception would be if the President has a student/students participating in one of the All-Northwest Honor Groups. The President would then receive his/her expenses for Registration (Pre-Registration fee) and
housing from IMEA and their school would be expected to pay the travel and meal expense.
- If the President registers past the Pre-Registration deadline, the President will be expected to pay the difference in fees
The IMEA President-Elect is expected to attend the NW MENC Conference and the NW Board Meetings to make their presence known and to get a feel for how things are run. Their presence at these meetings and what is discussed
will be of value with the next All-State and All-NW Conference.
- IMEA will cover the President-Elect’s Conference Pre-Registration fees and travel as allowed and outlined in the IMEA Travel policy.
- The exception would be if the President-Elect has a student/students participating in one of the All-Northwest Honor Groups. The President-Elect would then receive his/her expenses for Registration (Pre-Registration
fee) and their school would be expected to pay the hotel, travel and meal expense.
- If the President-Elect registers past the Pre-Registration deadline, the President-Elect will be expected to pay the difference in fees.
- The State Solo Festival will rotate its location to the three geographical areas (Treasure Valley, North and East) (June 23, 2008 re-passed October 4, 2010.)
Reimbursement to all persons traveling on IMEA official business will be as follows:
- Airline Travel
- It is the responsibility of the anyone traveling on official IMEA business to make their own travel arrangements, including airline travel cancellation insurance. IMEA agrees to reimburse round-trip airfare at its
lowest rate, OR will pay round-trip mileage from the individual’s home – at the current rate determined by the IHSAA ($.56 per mile) – as long as it does not exceed the cost of the lowest airfare rate.
- Airline travel undertaken on IMEA official business is to be by the lowest excursion/coach fare
available. If last-minute reservations are made for a scheduled trip, IMEA will reimburse only the lowest prevailing rate as that of seven (7) days or more prior to departure, unless extenuating circumstances exist
and are approved prior to ticket purchase by the IMEA President and Executive Director.
- IMEA agrees to reimburse airport parking or shuttle fees as well as one extra luggage fee.
- IMEA does not provide reimbursement for the use of a rental car.
- Automobile Travel
- Auto mileage will be reimbursed at the current rate determined by the IHSAA ($.56 per mile), plus parking. Car-pooling is encouraged whenever possible.
- Meals and lodging, while traveling by automobile out-of-state, will be approved only if total expense is less than the lowest coach airfare.
- If a rental car is necessary for official IMEA business, approval must be obtained from
the IMEA President and Executive Director in advance of the scheduled trip.
- Hotel Accommodations
- Reimbursement will be made for the convention/conference rate for a single room in a first–class hotel.
- When accompanied by spouse or family members, IMEA will pay the rate charged for a single room.
- Hotel rooms and meals are not to be charged directly to IMEA unless approved in advance by the IMEA President and Executive Director. Reimbursement forms are available on the IMEA website.
- Meals will be paid per diem at the rate set by the IHSAA. The In-State Full Day maximum rate is $55.00, and the Out-of-State Full Day maximum rate is $59.00. Partial days are reimbursed at the following rates: In-State Breakfast - $13.75, Lunch - $19.25, Dinner - $30.25. Out-of-State Breakfast - $14.75, Lunch - $20.65, Dinner - $32.45.
- When meals are furnished by IMEA or others as part of a meeting or conference, or if the hotel provides breakfast as part of its rate, the per diem allowance should be calculated only for those meals not provided using the partial day rate.
- Original receipts for transportation, hotel bills, and parking are required. Reimbursement will be made at
actual or maximum amounts from the reimbursement schedule - whichever is less.
- Expenses MUST be submitted to the Executive Director within thirty (30) days of the date
* Authorized payments will be made only to those individuals doing official business
on behalf of the Idaho Music Educators Association, Inc. This includes IMEA Elected Officers,
District Presidents, Guest Clinicians/Conductors, All-State Chairs, and Board of Control members.
revised: October 2021
Links to other sites
- The fee for a business to have a link on the IMEA Web Site is $50 unless they currently advertise in Music Notes. (July 16, 2002)
Mass Email List
- Solicitors to the IMEA Mass Email List need to be an IMEA member, an IMEA institutional member, or the email needs to promote an event that will benefit music students. (October 9, 2006)